Sunday, March 27, 2011

Moving right along


Pete's kidneys continue to improve and at this point is down to dialysis every third day.  We are hopeful he may be able to come off of dialysis completely by the end of the week.

More and more the focus of Pete's care is on his rehabilitation.  He spent almost a month in bed and lost over 50 lbs and has had significant muscle atrophy.  Pete has a lot of work ahead of him to rebuild muscle and fine motor skills.  Currently, Pete is moving out of bed and sitting up in a chair for all of his meals and going for short walks two to three times a day (this morning he walked 200 feet!).  This weekend we got a rare treat and Pete was able to move to a wheel chair and I was able to give a tour of our home for the past month.

Pete continues to enjoy all the visits, well wishes and all the food!  Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:36 PM

    Pete,

    I'm glad that you are continuing to feel better and making progress on all fronts.

    I wish that I would have been able to Skype with you yesterday; however, I was sound asleep when you called.

    Call me when you have time and/or let me know when a good time for me to call may be.

    Take care.

    Love,

    E.

    ReplyDelete